Don't miss this great event! Here is the event info:
- Saturday and Sunday, July 28 & 29, 2012, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- A FREE self-guided tour of 370+ urban gardens and historic neighborhoods.
- The largest garden tour in the United States. Garden Walk is one of the most unique urban events in America.
- A chance to see some of the most beautiful and creative urban gardens – anywhere in the U.S.
- Garden Walk Buffalo has record of increasing property values and improving the quality of life on blocks where there are participating gardens. Our version of “urban greenewal.”
- Garden Walk Buffalo gives back to block clubs, non-profits and community organizations with Garden Walk Beautification Grants each year.
- Buffalo’s great gardening heritage includes our 1868 Frederic Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux-designed parks, parkways and circles. The Buffalo Olmsted Park Conservancy is a nationally-recognized caretaker of this unique and special park system. Most of the parkways and circles, as well as the Buffalo Japanese Garden and Delaware Park Rose Garden are in the area of Garden Walk.
- Our Lake Erie waterfront park (and Garden Walk regular) is home to the Erie Basin Marina University Test Gardens, which evaluates the performance of newly-introduced annuals from commercial growers.